Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Favorite Place...

 A couple weeks ago in relief society we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves and tell everyone what our very favorite place is and why.  I have a lot of favorite places so it took me a bit to decide but when it was my turn, I stood and talked about how Lake Powell is my favorite place.  I love being in the sun, boating and just spending time with my sweet family.  There are also so many fun, carefree memories attached to that place that just bring a smile to my face.  There were a few more gals to go after me, but I was struck by the last girl to stand up. she stood, got a huge smile on her face and said,  "My favorite place is the temple." Of all the places she's been, of all the things she's done, of all the things she's seen, she chose the temple.  And not any specific temple at that, she just loved the temple-any temple. My heart soared! I couldn't agree with her more.  Forget Lake Powell, MY FAVORITE PLACE IS THE TEMPLE TOO!!!!!! These last few months I have made it a goal to go every week and it has been monumental!  I love that the instant I step inside, I'm blanketed with peace, I love that I can leave the world behind for a few short hours, I love the whiteness and beauty inside, I love the elderly folk that smile and wink at me, thanking me for my service, I love that I think of others while I'm there and what I can do to help, a love that my family became forever there, and that my future family will become forever there,  but most of all, I love that it truly is the Lord's house and I've never felt closer to him than when I'm walking those halls!

before getting my endowments out at the Jordan River temple





 I was never a huge fan of the Provo temple because it looked super old school 70's style.  But since I live in Provo, this is where I usually go and it has become so flippin beautiful to me!  It's honestly one of my very favorites!




2 comments: