Monday, May 9, 2011

I wonder...

What a wonderful weekend I had to reflect on my dear sweet Momma!  I can't believe it's been 13 years since I lost her.  I often wonder what life would be like if she was still here, what I would be like if I had a mom all growing up, if losing my mom at such a young age has affected my outlook on life, or my relationships with people.  I wonder what she's doing right now, if she can see me and is pleased with the direction my life is going.  I wonder if I'm anything like her.  If I look like her, act like her, smile like her, laugh like her, love like her.  I sometimes wonder, "What would mom do?"  "What would mom say?" "How would mom act?" If there's one thing I do know, even after 13 years she's still a HUGE part of my life!  And will always be! I love you momma and rejoice in thought of the day that we will reunite, throw our arms around each other and never never never let go!

Saturday we got to do the Race for the Cure which was a walk and fund raiser for breast cancer

my sweet dad and step mom (walking it for my mom and her beloved aunt who passed away from breast cancer as well)

me and my cute sisters thinking about our sweet mommy
This is a pic I drew of my mom about a year ago for one of my classes.  It doesn't look a ton like her and doesn't do her justice, but it reminds me of her.  I have it hanging by my bedroom door so I am reminded of her everyday!
My name is Rachel Pitts... and I love my mom!!!

7 comments:

  1. this is such a sweet post. made me all teary. wish kim and i could have been there to walk it with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach! I love your blog! What a sweet post, I love that you walked for your momma! Miss you tons lady! We should try to get together sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best and your pic of mom is actually really good! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a beautiful person. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!!!! Nic- we you guys NEED to come next time. It was seriously so cool! and woulda been a million times better had you gals come. Jules-I miss you! It's been too dang long! We should definitely set something up soon. Kimmus-Thanks:) I'm no artist but it was sure fun to do. Diane- I LOVE YOU!!!! Have you moved yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh rach i love your post! i love your mom and feel so grateful that i had the chance to know such an amazing women. i know you are like her because of your amazing heart you have! love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete