Monday, May 2, 2011

It's time for AFRICA

Why am I so in love with Africa?  Two words... Waka Waka!  Oops, that was a lie. Truth...Samuel Kerungo.  On my mission, I met and taught one of the most remarkable people I've ever come across.  Samuel Kerungo from Kenya.  Words can't describe the magnificence of his presence and his character.  I could go on and on all day about the love and adoration I have for this man and how my life has been changed just by knowing him.  But to sum it all up, within the first 10 minutes of knowing Sam, I promised myself I WILL go to Africa.  Two years later, my mind is still set!  There have been many other contributers to motivate and excite me about it, but Mr. Kerungo started it all!   I decided it's time for Africa.  Not sure what country, not sure what service group to go with, not sure(nor do I care) how much it costs, pretty sure it will be in the fall, nonetheless... My Name is Rachel Pitts and I'M GOING TO AFRICA!!!!!!!

The Sam and his two cute sisters




by the way, did I mention I can dance like an African?  Please don't watch any more than 30 seconds of this, it's a little ridiculous!

6 comments:

  1. Go to Ghana!!! You will love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...i love your little dance. and what an amazing opportunity to go to africa! i hope you can really make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Ghana is one of the countries I'm looking into! I will visit some of your peeps if so:) and thanks Nickers! I gotta make it happen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which one is you in that middle picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Just teasin. That would be so awesome! I can't wait for you to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matty! How can you not tell? I'm the one with the scarf of course

    ReplyDelete