Friday, April 15, 2011

twenty six point two miles...

This is it!  The moment I have waited my whole life for.  After hundreds of miles and hours of training, aching back, knees and feet, hot tub excursions, long baths, chaffing, energy gu's, inspiring friends and family, new shoe inserts, long chats with Ang, snow storms, rain storms, sunny days, sad days, happy days, it's finally here!!!!!! Our first marathon is in less than 18 hours and I couldn't be more excited!!!!


Running with Angie- my bestest pal, running buddie, and sister!  Without Ang, I would not be running this marathon.  She motivated me when I was discouraged, listened to me, laughed with me, cried with me and was right by my side all along the way. 

these little beauties have taken me approximately 448 miles!

I don't think I'd make it without this little cutie!  My music kept me going! Never did I run without it.


Applying chaff cream halfway through our 20 miler.  I love this pic:)

my name is Rachel Pitts... And I am a runner!!!

3 comments:

  1. freak yeah you're a runner!!!! Good job today sis. I'm so proud of you. You've kept me going through all these months and I couldn't be more thankful for you. I love you with all of my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I love you too!!!!! You totally kept me goin Ang. Now we can't quit because we feel like cripples! Hopefully this pain goes away soon! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. so proud of you! what an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete