Friday, July 13, 2012

Dreams Really do Come True

            It's time!  Time for my lifelong dream to come true.  In less than 24 hours my sweet little sis and I will be on a plane bound for Africa!!!!  I don't even know what to think or feel right now.  I'm ecstatic, nervous, confused, anxious, and about a million emotions all rolled into one.  I just want to thank EVERYONE who helped in making this trip happen for us!  I am a hundred percent positive that this wouldn't be happening without the help of our loved ones.  We raised over 2 thousand in donations from friends and family, a thousand from my work, and over a thousand with the firework stand, where SO many people pitched in and helped there as well.  I am the luckiest girl alive to have so many incredibly supportive people in my life!
Two of the happiest girls with all our sweet donations from friends and family.
Thank you Vivint!
throwing pop rocks at Kiwi's head
best advertiser of all!!!

cute Ambs and Erica rakin in the dough
Our cute preggers sis Ang who came and volunteered for a whole night
My sisters friend Kiwi volunteering.  Love this kid!

Lynell Packing up boxes
sweet Jenny helpin out
here's our handsome banker who took care of all the mula
My dad who helped SO much with the stand.  He was there multiple times every day to help us out.  We would not have been able to do it without him!
my cute fam who brought the 4th of July BBQ to us because we were stranded at the stand



the three gals who ran this and will never ever do it again!!!
My name is Rachel Pitts and I'm off to Africa!  See you soon!!!

p.s. we started a blog to keep friends and family posted on our trip.  It's twosisterswhocare.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment