Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Music is My...


           I was recently listening a song by CSS that talks about what music means to her.  Music is her boyfriend, it's her girlfriend, her brother, sister, hometown, beach house, queen size bed, hot bath, etc.  I couldn't help but laugh at what a stupid song it was, but it did get me thinking about what music means to me.  Music is my absolute passion, and has been since I was just a little girl.  If you know me, you know that I'm not just an ordinary music listener, I go crazy for it!  I'll stop any conversation if a good song comes on,  a guy that listens to good music is 10 times more attractive to me, and I'm constantly trying to discover new bands and get new music.  I consider myself a very eclectic music listener and love just about any type of music excluding techno and screamo- barf!  My latest fav has to be indie but I'm always open to a bit of everything.  I often update my blog with songs I have been, or am currently in love with! I decided to follow in CSS's footsteps and I came up with a list of why music is must important to me along with a few of my favorite bands.  Here goes:
                                        - music puts me to sleep when I'm wide awake

                                        - it helps me stay awake when I need to be

                                        - calms me when I'm angry or upset

The Beatles
                                        - opens my tear chambers when I've gone too long without a good cry

                                        - allows me to cope with a sucky break up

                                        - helps me to love with my whole heart

Kate Nash
                                      - brings back childhood memories

                                      - helps me feel cool cruisin in my car with the windows rolled down.
                                   
                                      - relieves boredom

Band of Horses
                                      - makes road trips a friggen blast

                                      - allows me to dance my little heart out

Noah and the Whale
                                      - helps me to feel all warm and fuzzy in church

                                      - reminds me of people from my past

Neautral Milk Hotel
                                    - motivates me to run faster

                                    - completes movies (makes the funny ones funnier, scary ones scarier)

                                    - allows me to forget that I have a care in the world


Mason Jennings
                                    - brings me and my siblings closer

                                    - provides entertainment when I'm in the bathroom for more than 2 minutes

                                    - is so stinkin fun at the pool or on a boating trip


I could go on and on all day about why I love music so much but, my main point is, music can make just about anything and everything better!
                                                  
                   My name is Rachel Pitts and I am a musicaholic.  Good to get that off my chest.


                  

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love music so much I got a music note tattooed on my hiney. Lol. I'm so glad you put up a pic of Band of Horses, they are my favorite from your list. I have been listening to my Kings of Leon pandora station and Band of Horses comes on all the time and I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hessers! I completely agree! Band of horses is my very fav as of right now. They are so stinkin fun to run to!!! Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Mike, and I'm a musicaholic too. And you have REALLY good taste in music. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm glad you could come clean as well Mike! You better believe I tried to include Coolios See you when you get there on this blog, but playlist.com didn't have it. Sad stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete