Sunday, August 28, 2011

"So Long Sweet Summer"...

               For a few reasons, this song by Dashboard Confessional puts a pit in my stomach every time I hear it.  It all began in high school when my good friend Laura informed me that she and her boyfriend Colby broke up and they listened to this song right before they went their separate ways. I was sad, maybe a little too sad...I cried.  I'm not even kidding, we still laugh about it today.  What a sad song to break up to!  It's a song full of goodbyes and changes- two of my least favorite things.  It also makes me sad because I HATE saying goodbye to summer.  Summer has always been my very favorite season and each year when I notice the days growing shorter, the air getting chillier, the school supplies loading up on the store shelves, I can't help but feeling a little melancholy.  My summer of 2011 has been a great one.  I mean a GREAT one.  I've been busier than I've ever been in my entire life and loved ever second of it.
Some highlights of my summer include:
sleeping in, Seven Peaks, Lake Powell, scooter rides on my foster scooter Jes let me keep at my house, My sister Angie's wedding with the whole fam, got engaged for a day(really got punked and am still suffering the consequences), Arizona on the BEST trip to visit my sis and her family, Lotsa temple trips, tubing down the Salt river in Arizona, Diamondbacks game, Bee's games, BYU soccer, LOGAN, got a new car(more details to come), many dance parties, SHOPPING, hundreds of fabulous new friends, BBQ's, working full-time(the mula was nice?), many dates, Boondocks, Trafalga, lots of time with my family, Culvers runs, snow cones, THE GLEE PROJECT, Bachelor Pad, the Simpsons, Many movies, dinner group, Sundance ski lift, dinner parties, boating, long boarding, ReAl games, and the list goes on and on.  Loved it, will miss it... now, bring on the homework. Blah!!!

2 comments:

  1. When summer in UT is ending, it is just starting here in TX (the bearable part at least)! We would love visitors, and you could keep soaking up the sun all the way through December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sista you better believe Texas is my next destination!!!!

    ReplyDelete